[ltp] after updating xserver-xorg-video-intel can not change back to virtual terminals

Peter Germer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Jan 2010 14:04:01 +0300

--000e0cdf9efcfa152b047e3779a5

Helli Thinkpad users,

I am using Debian Squeeze with 2.6.30 on my X60s and after yesterday's
update I recognized that I can not switch back to terminals. When I hit
CTRL-ALT-F1 (or any other than F7) the cursor disappears, but the screen
doesn't change and I can still see the graphical screen. Although I can not
see anything I can login blindly and use the terminal. When I changed my
xorg.conf to use vesa driver I was able to change through terminals. When I
press CTRL-ALT-F7 I get the cursor back to my X. Does anyone have the same
issue or know how to fix it (if it is possible without downgrade)?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

--000e0cdf9efcfa152b047e3779a5

h 2.6.30 on my X60s and after yesterday&#39;s update I recognized that I ca=
n not switch back to terminals. When I hit CTRL-ALT-F1 (or any other than F=
7) the cursor disappears, but the screen doesn&#39;t change and I can still=
 see the graphical screen. Although I can not see anything I can login blin=
dly and use the terminal. When I changed my xorg.conf to use vesa driver I =
was able to change through terminals. When I press CTRL-ALT-F7 I get the cu=
rsor back to my X. Does anyone have the same issue or know how to fix it (i=
f it is possible without downgrade)?<br>

--000e0cdf9efcfa152b047e3779a5--