[ltp] screen flicker

Johannes.Lichtenberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:29:53 +0200

Hello,

I'm working with Ubuntu 10.04 and somehow get from time to time a (very
short) flicker lately. I'm not sure if I've installed a video driver
update sometime with the auto update function in Ubuntu. My notebook
model is a T500 Thinkpad and not very old (from january). At first I've
had problems with the closed source ATI driver and couldn't get Ubuntu
to (re-)work after installing it, thus I've installed a fresh Ubuntu.
The splash screen, which is shown during the booting of Ubuntu, seems to
be "damaged" the first 2 seconds or so, but that's since my first
install of Ubuntu.

I pretty much think it's a softwar/Ubuntu problem, but now I'm worrying
if it couldn't be a hardware defect :-/

regards,
johannes