[ltp] Recommendation on graphics drivers for the W500

Karsten König linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jul 2010 13:46:42 +0200

Using a T400 here:
Intel is best, but on dock has no digital out, vga is good for 1650x1050 but
propably not more.

If you use ATI fglrx is the only one with proper power managment for now, no
idea about stability and undock, it will also kill 3d for the intel card
because it overwrite the intel libs.
vga_switcheroo will allow you to use both with the opensource drivers, all the
cons for radeon (slim to no powermanagment, poor 3d performance) etc apply,
but you can use dvi after docking. Radeon is propably the best forward, but
isn't just there yet for me =/

Regards,
Karsten