[ltp] Weird CPU fan problem on T400, any help appreciated.

Mark Altern linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:10:07 -0500

--0016e642d334b9c04b048bb33a8e

The fan has been operating normally the whole day. So I think the kernel do
make the difference.

I do not know powertop, which I also can not find anywhere in ubuntu.

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Daniel Skorka <skorka@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 08:15:13 -0500
> Mark Altern <mark.altern@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hey, now I installed the ubuntu 2.6.32-24 pre-proposed linux kernel.
> > The fan operates as expected for the last evening. But let me do more
> > testing. I will report back.
>
> Do you know powertop? It should be package in ubuntu, and it would be
> interesting to see the differences with different kernels while the
> rest of the system is doing the same - i.e. how many wakeups,
> distribution of C-states while idle, while playing a movie, etc.
>
> Daniel
> --

--0016e642d334b9c04b048bb33a8e

The fan has been operating normally the whole day. So I think the kernel do=
 make the difference. <br><br>I do not know powertop, which I also can not =
18, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Daniel Skorka <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">On Sun, 18 Jul 20=
10 08:15:13 -0500<br>
mark.altern@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
proposed linux kernel.<br>
&gt; The fan operates as expected for the last evening. But let me do more<=
br>
&gt; testing. I will report back.<br>
interesting to see the differences with different kernels while the<br>
rest of the system is doing the same - i.e. how many wakeups,<br>
distribution of C-states while idle, while playing a movie, etc.<br>
Daniel<br>
--<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>