[ltp] High Speed USB problems

Jason Brooks linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 01:13:25 -0700

T40 series have heat problems. Most are a result of the graphics chip
reflowing itself off the board.  Shorting out the bus. It was never a
big deal when it was a business laptop since the heat was a result of
using 3d graphics.  There are plenty of places that do reflow work to
repair these issues. I would imagine plenty in TX. Search for SMD
Reflow repair in your area. It may be cheaper to buy a replacement
from ebay however. Most repair places charge book time for these
repairs.  Good luck

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Jeffrey L. Taylor
<jeff@abluz.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Quoting Jeffrey L. Taylor <jeff@abluz.dyndns.org>:
>> Quoting bhaskins <bhaskins@chartermi.net>:

I am home