[ltp] Trackpoint device on T400s with Debian Testing

Mikhail Gusarov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 00:07:23 +0700

--=-=-=

Twas brillig at 18:56:30 27.07.2010 UTC+02 when pmilin@ff.uns.ac.rs did
gyre and gimble:

 PM> In brief, I need my Debian for work, and I would like to have it as ro=
ck-stable
 PM> as it should be, and not to tweak something in inappropriate way. Thus:
 PM> (a) Why GPointing Device Settings does not work and why it crashes aft=
er
 PM> initial/first loading?
 PM> (b) Is xorg.conf, now and again, right way to make trackpoint function=
al?

Just put (maybe adjusting a bit)

xinput set-prop 'TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint' "Evdev Wheel Emulation" 1
xinput set-prop 'TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint' "Evdev Wheel Emulation Button" 2
xinput set-prop 'TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint' "Evdev Wheel Emulation Timeout" 200

into .xsession (or any other script being run on X session startup).

Use 'xinput list' to figure out proper name of trackpoint XInput device.

=2D-=20
  http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--