[ltp] [Ubuntu 10.04] sysfsutils not working

Thu, 3 Jun 2010 18:35:48 +0200

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 11:51:54 +0200, Christoph Bier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> corresponding to my posting with the Message-ID
> htopo4$4pr$1@dough.gmane.org I think sysfsutils is just not working
> anymore on my Ubuntu machine. The battery is always fully loaded
> although stop_charge_thresh is set to 75:
>
> chris@skull-tp:~$ cat
> /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/stop_charge_thresh
> 75
> chris@skull-tp:~$ cat /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_percent
> 100

[...]

> How can I investigate further?

I think a good start is to check the state when the battery is actually
charged. Also, the smapi setting is no guarantee that the battery is
never charged obove 75%. If you plug out the A/C power, remove the
battery, the smapi setting is lost. If you now put the battery back and
connect A/C power, the battery is charged until it is full unless you
start Linux and restore the smapi setting.

Regards,
Tino