[ltp] Phoenix Instant Boot on t400s - does it actually exist?

Damon Lynch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:58:44 -0500

--0016367facf3abe97204887bf7b7

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:53 PM, August Lilleaas
<august.lilleaas@gmail.com>wrote:

> http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/24/video-phoenix-instant-boot-bios-starts-loading-windows-in-under/
>

> <http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/24/video-phoenix-instant-boot-bios-starts-loading-windows-in-under/>
> And http://www.google.com/search?q=phoenix+Instant+Boot+t400s
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=phoenix+Instant+Boot+t400s>I have tried to
> find some kind of installation instruction or download link, but have failed
> miserably. Does this thing actually exist?

I don't know if it exists, but I use an Intel SSD in the ultrabay of my
T400s and Ubuntu 10.04 boots very rapidly indeed. I've not timed it, but the
Linux part of the power on process seems well under 10 seconds, certainly.
It spends considerably more time initializing before it gets to grub. One
slight annoyance is that with a USB keyboard plugged into one of my USB
hubs, it triples the BIOS initialization period. I have no idea why. My old
Sony does not have that problem. I know this is not what you're after, but
to be honest for me the boot speed is not something I need to think about
now, which is wonderful.

Damon

--
http://www.damonlynch.net

--0016367facf3abe97204887bf7b7

" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
os-starts-loading-windows-in-under/" target=3D"_blank">http://www.engadget.=
com/2009/09/24/video-phoenix-instant-boot-bios-starts-loading-windows-in-un=
der/</a><div>

instant-boot-bios-starts-loading-windows-in-under/" target=3D"_blank"></a>A=
nd=A0<a href=3D"http://www.google.com/search?q=3Dphoenix+Instant+Boot+t400s=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.google.com/search?q=3Dphoenix+Instant+Boot+t=
400s</a></div>

tant+Boot+t400s" target=3D"_blank"></a>I have tried to find some kind of in=
stallation instruction or download link, but have failed miserably. Does th=
is thing actually exist?<br clear=3D"all">

use an Intel SSD in the ultrabay of my T400s and Ubuntu 10.04 boots very ra=
pidly indeed. I&#39;ve not timed it, but the Linux part of the power on pro=
cess seems well under 10 seconds, certainly. It spends considerably more ti=
me initializing before it gets to grub. One slight annoyance is that with a=
 USB keyboard plugged into one of my USB hubs, it triples the BIOS initiali=
zation period. I have no idea why. My old Sony does not have that problem. =
I know this is not what you&#39;re after, but to be honest for me the boot =
speed is not something I need to think about now, which is wonderful.</div>
lynch.net">http://www.damonlynch.net</a><br>

--0016367facf3abe97204887bf7b7--