[ltp] Disabling hdaps joystick emulation

Dominik Stadler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:35:54 +0200

--0016e6d99efa7e58b6048880ada7

I would try to unload the module "joydev" via "modprobe -r joydev" as root
user. This should remove support for hdaps-joystick. To make this permanent
you will need to add joydev to some module-blacklist, it depends on your
distribution how this can be done.

See http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/HDAPS#Input_device_support for details
about joydev for hdaps.

Dominik.

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 3:38 AM, rCX12 <rCX12@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Long story short, I got hdaps working on my thinkpad but now some of my
> games
> don't work.  How would I disable joystick emulation?  By the way I think
> the
> "js0" and "js1" files in my /dev/input directory are from the emulated
> devices.
> --

--0016e6d99efa7e58b6048880ada7

I would try to unload the module &quot;joydev&quot; via &quot;modprobe -r j=
oydev&quot; as root user. This should remove support for hdaps-joystick. To=
 make this permanent you will need to add joydev to some module-blacklist, =
it depends on your distribution how this can be done.<br>
">http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/HDAPS#Input_device_support</a> for details =
n Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 3:38 AM, rCX12 <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;"><br>
Long story short, I got hdaps working on my thinkpad but now some of my gam=
es<br>
don&#39;t work. =A0How would I disable joystick emulation? =A0By the way I =
think the<br>
&quot;js0&quot; and &quot;js1&quot; files in my /dev/input directory are fr=
om the emulated<br>
devices.<br>
--<br>
aps-joystick-emulation-tp28786360p28786360.html" target=3D"_blank">http://o=
ld.nabble.com/Disabling-hdaps-joystick-emulation-tp28786360p28786360.html</=
a><br>

Sent from the Linux Thinkpad mailing list archive at Nabble.com.<br>
--<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>