[ltp] Temperature sensors on W500

Yusuf Al'Derzah linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 8 Jun 2010 04:05:41 -0700 (PDT)

Comparing libsensors with ibm-acpi temperatures, I think it's as follows:

temp1: core1?
temp2: core2?
fan1: that.
temp1: hotest core?
temp2: MiniPCI.
temp3: HDD.
temp4: GPU (discrete).

No idea about temps 9-11.  ibm-acpi has also Battery 1 and 2, but I have
none plugged atm. ^_^

There *is* something wrong with Ubuntu and the W500's FireGL... it gets
crazy hot while doing anything.  The heat sink on the left has got burn
marks, so I bought a Thermaltake Massive, but even with it, I can make smoke
signals just with playing a flash video...  Winbugs doesn't gets so hot, nor
does the integrated GPU of course, so I've resorted to disabling the FireGL.
Well, I guess I'm picky, the poor card is only honoring it's name isn't it?

I'm about to try laptop-mode-tools, see if it cools things down a little.