[ltp] Phoenix Instant Boot on t400s - does it actually exist?

Jason Brooks linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 20:03:07 -0700

--001636b2b02f5cf52c04887c077d

You need to turn off legacy usb support. It waits for older devices to
respond.

On Jun 7, 2010 7:59 PM, "Damon Lynch" <damonlynch@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:53 PM, August Lilleaas <august.lilleaas@gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://www.en...
I don't know if it exists, but I use an Intel SSD in the ultrabay of my
T400s and Ubuntu 10.04 boots very rapidly indeed. I've not timed it, but the
Linux part of the power on process seems well under 10 seconds, certainly.
It spends considerably more time initializing before it gets to grub. One
slight annoyance is that with a USB keyboard plugged into one of my USB
hubs, it triples the BIOS initialization period. I have no idea why. My old
Sony does not have that problem. I know this is not what you're after, but
to be honest for me the boot speed is not something I need to think about
now, which is wonderful.

Damon

--
http://www.damonlynch.net

--001636b2b02f5cf52c04887c077d

espond. </p>
; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:damonlynch@gmail.com">damonlynch@gmail.com</a>&gt; =
 Jun 7, 2010 at 5:53 PM, August Lilleaas &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:august.lille=
aas@gmail.com">august.lilleaas@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
>I don&#39;t know if it exists, but I use an Intel SSD in the ultrabay of m=
y T400s and Ubuntu 10.04 boots very rapidly indeed. I&#39;ve not timed it, =
but the Linux part of the power on process seems well under 10 seconds, cer=
tainly. It spends considerably more time initializing before it gets to gru=
b. One slight annoyance is that with a USB keyboard plugged into one of my =
USB hubs, it triples the BIOS initialization period. I have no idea why. My=
 old Sony does not have that problem. I know this is not what you&#39;re af=
ter, but to be honest for me the boot speed is not something I need to thin=
k about now, which is wonderful.</div>

href=3D"http://www.damonlynch.net" target=3D"_blank">http://www.damonlynch.=
net</a><br>

--001636b2b02f5cf52c04887c077d--