[ltp] SATA harddisk in ThinkPad T42

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:22:52 +0200

Hi!

Thanks Henrique and Mark.

Am Mittwoch 23 Juni 2010 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ultrabay_Slim_SATA_HDD_Adapter
> >
> > and that this one can be used in a ThinkPad T42 as well, if that
> > "black plastic grommet at the back that restricts its use to the 60
> > series ThinkPads" is removed.
>
> Just get one for the T4x...  BTW, it has a PATA-SATA bridge inside.

Indeed, there are some on ebay that take a SATA drive.

Anyway, I think I am going with this Western Digital WD3200BEVT 320 GB
PATA drive, only thing is that I do not know whether it has IDLE
IMMEDIATE.

Does IDLE IMMEDIATE / HDAPS work via PATA-SATA bridge? Then a 500 GB
Hitachi with IDLE IMMEDIATE might be the better choice.

Hmmm, maybe I better give this decision a little bit more time. Although I
have heaps of stuff on USB-Sticks and SD cards right now that I couldn't
copy to harddisk to do lack of space.

Ciao,