[ltp] Battery life on T410s?

Dominik Stadler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:24:10 +0200

--0016e6dab0242b50e50489dfb7ee

I have a T500, which is comparable to the T410s as far as I see. The T410s
has a smaller screen which should reduce power consumption even more.

Note that I have the 9 cell battery instead of the 6 cell, which is reported
to increase battery life considerably. The 9 cell one sticks out at the
back, but unless you carry arround the laptop a lot it does not really annoy
me much.

I did go through all the suggested settings on thinkwiki.org and
http://lesswatts.org/ and whatever powertop suggested and can get actual
working duration of about 4 to 5 hours while having WIFI and really doing
work most of the time including Eclipse, doing compilation, remote desktop
and watching some video.

Naturally your mileage may vary... Dominik.

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Maciej Warnecki <maciekw5@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. I'm planning to buy a T410s laptop. Can somebody write how does its
> battery life look like on Linux? I'm particularly interested about battery
> life on WiFi and in comparison to Windows 7.
>
> Thanks!
> --

--0016e6dab0242b50e50489dfb7ee

I have a T500, which is comparable to the T410s as far as I see. The T410s =
has a smaller screen which should reduce power consumption even more. <br><=
br>Note that I have the 9 cell battery instead of the 6 cell, which is repo=
rted to increase battery life considerably. The 9 cell one sticks out at th=
e back, but unless you carry arround the laptop a lot it does not really an=
noy me much.<br>
iki.org">thinkwiki.org</a> and <a href=3D"http://lesswatts.org/">http://les=
swatts.org/</a> and whatever powertop suggested and can get actual working =
duration of about 4 to 5 hours while having WIFI and really doing work most=
 of the time including Eclipse, doing compilation, remote desktop and watch=
ing some video. <br>
quote">On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Maciej Warnecki <span dir=3D"ltr">&=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:maciekw5@gmail.com">maciekw5@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> =
wrote:<br>
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">Hi. I&#39;m plann=
ing to buy a T410s laptop. Can somebody write how does its battery life loo=
k like on Linux? I&#39;m particularly interested about battery life on WiFi=
 and in comparison to Windows 7.<br>

Thanks!<br><font color=3D"#888888">
-- <br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>