[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] Thinkpad T410s - no wan

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:50:58 -0300

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010, Tobias Grosser wrote:
> > I got an ericsson wan card installed by my vendor, but unfortunately it
> > does not work.

> > Thinkpad acpi detects wan support, but thinks the card is not installed.
> > [ 216.411030] thinkpad_acpi: ibm_init: probing for wan
> > [ 216.411032] thinkpad_acpi: wan_init: initializing wan subdriver
> > [ 216.411035] thinkpad_acpi: drv_acpi_handle_init: trying to locate ACPI
> > handle for hkey
> > [ 216.411042] thinkpad_acpi: drv_acpi_handle_init: Found ACPI handle
> > HKEY for hkey
> > [ 216.411326] thinkpad_acpi: wan_init: wan is supported, status 0x04
> > [ 216.411328] thinkpad_acpi: wan_init: wan hardware not installed

It is disabled in the BIOS, perhaps?  Or it is not properly connected?

> > Furthermore I have some smaller issues:
> > tobias% cat /proc/acpi/ibm/volume
> > level: unsupported

You just have mute/umnmute and the rest is in the HDA mixer.

> > mute: offtobias

It said "offtobias" ?!

> > % cat /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal
> > temperatures: 42 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
> >
> > Just one sensor?

Looks like that, which is obviously false.  Lenovo may have decided to not
report them anymore, or something else is amiss.

In any case, make sure you have the latest T410s BIOS installed.

  Henrique Holschuh