[ltp] How to get volume hotkeys working again on W500?

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:25:28 -0300

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > The hardware lost the extra console (headphone/speakers) volume control, so
>
> Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder how many cents that saved :-/

Well, it removed an entire IC that did the eletronic volume control plus the
spearker and headphone amplification and drive.  I doubt it was a cost
issue, more likely it was a power budget issue, supply chain issue (that IC
is an old part, might be in phase-out at the vendor) or a noise issue.

  Henrique Holschuh