[ltp] PCI video card in dock II is not detected

Lara Michaels linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 12:26:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi Alex,=0A=0A--- On Mon, 3/1/10, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrot=
e:=0A> Right.=A0 The connector that connects the laptop to the=0A> dock.=A0=
 Not all=0A> laptops connect the pins to all things available on the=0A> do=
ck.=A0 The=0A> X-series laptops for example, do not connect to the DVI=0A> =
pins on the=0A> dock; e.g., you can't use the DVI port with your X series=
=0A> laptop.=A0 The=0A> same might be true of the PCI slot.=0A=0AThanks for=
 clarifying that. I don't think that is the problem, since lspci shows a "P=
CI docking bridge" line when the X31 is docked. Since that line doesn't sho=
w up when it undocked, I suppose it means the physical connection is ok.=0A=
=0AWhat is strange is that the PCI card itself does not show up. =0A=0AAny =
help would be welcome.=0A=0A~lara=0A=0A=0A