[ltp] PCI video card in dock II is not detected

Connor Behan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:36:32 -0500

I am using a Radeon PCI card in the dock II with an a22m and no pci
related boot parameters. Just hpet=force and acpi_osi=Linux and I'm

The card is detected consistently now but that didn't used to be the
case. I had to physically unplug it and plug it back in several times
and also change BIOS settings. Specifically the IRQs and the settings
about which video card to use for the primary display.

I don't know what I did but the card is detected every time now. Try
unscrewing the cover again and really jamming the card into the slot. I
know that sounds obvious but the alignment of the Dock II makes it come
loose pretty easily.