[ltp] PCI video card in dock II is not detected

Lara Michaels linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 21:16:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Connor,

Many thanks for your help! You are the original poster of this problem, I didn't know you were on LTP, too. : )

I am now going to try what you told me. It seems that support for PCI hotplug is already built into the current Ubuntu kernel:

l@l:~$ dmesg |grep -i pci_hot
[    1.004365] pci_hotplug: PCI Hot Plug PCI Core version: 0.5

I added the two boot parameters you mentioned and will be reinserting the card of couple of times. I will let you know how it goes. : )

thanks!

~lara