[ltp] Re: PCI video card in dock II is not detected

Lara Michaels linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 23:54:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi Connor,

Thank you for your reply. All of those are very valid points. Unfortunately I don't actually have any other PCI card lying around; it might indeed be a problem specific to this one. (As you pointed out, it is "recommended" on ThinkWiki but there is no indication of the OS on which it worked for the OP...).

Following Bjorn's suggestion, I will file a kernel report. Let us see if that helps. If indeed there is the possibility that this machine just can't connect to the PCI cards but can see the PCI part of the dock, I am sure some kernel dev will quickly shoot down the bug report. : )

best, I will keep you posted,

lara