[ltp] How to get volume hotkeys working again on W500?

Sun, 7 Mar 2010 04:27:30 +0200

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 02:42:09PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> Now this reminds me that I find the speaker volume fairly low on this
> laptop. When the source is low too, end volume is too low sometimes.
>=20
> Does someone have a recommended way to boost sound by resampling the outp=
ut
> past whatever volume 100% on alsamixer would give you?

Pulseaudio can do that.  If you launch the sound settings dialog, the
volume slider goes to maybe 150% (while volume control keys/the dropdown
slider from the applet only go to 100%).

Some applications such as VLC or mplayer can do that too (VLC out of the
box, mplayer if you enable -softvol and set -softvol-max to something
higer than 100).

I've also noticed that the integrated speakers of my T61 aren't as loud
as the ones on my T42 were.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot.

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z--