[ltp] VGA hotplugging

Mon, 08 Mar 2010 16:01:44 +0000

> On 8 March 2010 04:46, Richard Neill <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Just wondering - has anyone got VGA hotplugging to really work elegantly and
>> seamlessly?
>>
>> So far, the gnome-xrandr tool (under Lucid) does a wonderful job of letting
>> me manually reconfigure the desktop after I plug/unplug a monitor.

So far, we can get most of the way there by:

- Using the Gnome monitor config tool, and making it put an icon in the
panel.

- each time we plug/unplug the VGA cable:
     - open the applet  (or if already open, click "Detect monitors")
     - Click "Apply".; keep configuration
     - Close the applet window.

No need to logout/in or do Fn-F7. But it would be nice to make this
really automatic.

Richard