[ltp] USB issues after suspend to RAM with recent kernels on T60

Jan Kundrát linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 22:14:58 +0100

--------------enigB0A436F8029D628B4DD424C9

Jan Kundr=E1t wrote:
> Which, according to [1], means that autosuspend is disabled. Is that
> correct? Any other paths to pursue?

I stand corrected -- I made an experiment, connected a no-name USB thumb
drive [1] and a no-name USB HDD box [2] to Thinkpad's USB ports, left
both keyboard and mouse plugged via the dock, suspended and resumed.
Both drives were actually available after resume, which made me check
the power status of the mouse, and indeed, there was the problem:

velbloud ~ # cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/5-6.4/power/level
auto
velbloud ~ # echo on > /sys/bus/usb/devices/5-6.4/power/level
velbloud ~ # cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/5-6.4/power/level
on

And the red LED started shining and the mouse begun to work :). So,
thanks for your help, and now I wonder what shall I do to get this
"fixed" at whatever place that is to blame.

Cheers,
-jkt

[1] 058f:6387 Alcor Micro Corp. Transcend JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash
Drive (2GB)
[2] 04b4:6830 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. USB-2.0 IDE Adapter

--=20
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth