[ltp] What is the fastest Thinkpad I can get now?

Richard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 05:41:02 +0000 (GMT)

>>> Here is an example of my problem: I am currently trying to print a
>>> PDF to a PS file from Evince. The PDF is 118 pages. I started it 15
>>> minutes ago and it has completed 15 pages.

Ugh! That's quite slow. Just a thought: have you tried using any of the
command-line utils such as pdf2ps and friends (psutils, pdfutils). Also,
sometimes it's much faster to break these big jobs up into pages.

Also, might I ask why you're doing PDF -> PS in a PDF viewer?

Most programs that speak postscript can speak PDF, so couldn't you handle
the PDF directly? Or generate the PS file from the application that
emitted the original PDF.

How big is your original file? i.e. is it an A3 book in full high-res
colour, or something more akin to a regular "document"?

Richard