[ltp] What is the fastest Thinkpad I can get now? (now OT)

Karsten König linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:48:56 +0100

Am Dienstag, 23. März 2010 08:54:36 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> >How big is your original file? i.e. is it an A3 book in full high-res
> >colour, or something more akin to a regular "document"?
>
> A more interesting question is why Scribus created a 203 MB PDF file
> when apparently 5 MB was all that was necessary.

I guess you embed alot of images into your documents, sounds like Scribus
imports them without compressing them (this is a sane default to me) and what
you achieve through the constant exporting is finally some compression of the
data, lossless 120 pages pdfs can get really big.

But scribus should already be able to compress right when exporting to pdf, so
you still have an "original" in best possible quality and finaly a version
that is easy to handle/print.

Karsten