[ltp] Anyone know if Linux works on the TP x100e?

Karsten König linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:39:36 +0200

Am Dienstag, 30. März 2010 05:50:06 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Karsten König wrote:
> > thinkpad-acpi propably doesn't work yet, depends on our hero henrique =
=)

> Patch ready, a testing one was published in the ibm-acpi-devel ML, and I
> have a proper one ready in the oven.

Hmm must have missed it, but right it was already covered =)

> The X100e seems to export *NO* thermal sensors, BTW.  If they haven't mov=
ed
> around in ecdump (I am counting on you, excellent thinkpad users, to find
> out!), this is bad.  Either it is a way-too-cheap thinkpad (for my tastes=
),
> or Lenovo wants to hide things under the hood.

Can't you ask Lenovo? Thinkpad-acpi is important to every Thinkpad Linux user
out there and will increase their systemvalue "for free", so they should be
interested in helping out.
BTW I'd have expected it to use ideapad firmware like the Thinkpad SL series
so they put the standard thinkpad controllers in there? If that 10' version
wouldn't have these thick bezels hmm =/

> At least now I am sure that 50°C on the battery temp is a marker for
> something different in the thermal reading API.   Does the X100e report
> battery temperature in Windows?

Karsten