[ltp] trackpoint middle click scrolling went away once again

Kamen Naydenov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 May 2010 09:03:45 +0300

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 05:20, Dot Deb <dotdeb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some time ago (some weeks) trackpoint middle click scrolling went away
> once again under debian/sid on a x200s.
> I read a past thread on this but now I'm even more confused about the
> recent changes in xorg, udev & c.
>
> Once I used xorg.conf, then I used the fdi, then I moved to some udev
> rule ... now I'm done!
> Is there any up-to-date guide on how to set up the trackpoint scrolling?
>
> Alternatively, is there anybody so kind to explain me the situation?
>
> Alberto

Hello Alberto,

I can't explain in detail how things with configs gone, good
explanation you can find on [1].
Solution for me was to use gpointing-device-settings (it's available
in testing and unstable).
Even with it config schema was changed couple of times.

Hope that this will help you.

best regards
Kamen

1. http://who-t.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-configuration-world-order.html