[ltp] Re: trackpoint middle click scrolling went away once again

Dot Deb linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 May 2010 22:12:23 +0200

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> w=
rote:
>> Once I used xorg.conf, then I used the fdi, then I moved to some udev
>> rule ... now I'm done!
>
> FWIW, the new method (via xinput) is the first one that makes sense to
> me, since it's finally under the control of the user rather than
> the sysadmin. =A0All this hal/udev mess was insane.

Thank you everybody for all the hints.
As a (temporarily) lazy man, I tried with gpointing-device-settings,
it worked and I'm happy now.

I'm also sure the xinput method is good as well. As well as the xorg.conf.
However, the xorg.conf is no more under /etci in debian/sid.
It seems that now it moved under /usr/share/X11 which reflects a deep chang=
e.
I'm not sure it is a good idea to mess up things under /usr!

Alberto