[ltp] Ubuntu x100e experience...

Hakan Kızılhan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 9 May 2010 17:21:35 +0300

Hi,

i have a Thinkpad x100e machine and want to share some information.

i'm running Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) and everythink working well except
wireless on/off switch.

All keyboard shortcuts working.
Sound and wireless working.
Bluetooth working.
Brightness keys working without hard lock ( there was a bug with
radeon driver and ati fglrx driver wasn't installing, it solved)
Ac/Battery switch working.

As i said before, only problem wireless can not disabling by shortcut
key or any command interface.
I will ask to ibm-acpi-devel list when i have time. I think, this
problem is related with acpi driver. I see rfkill code in rtl8192se
source but no rfkill interface exported. Only present for bluetooth.

i followed these steps for installation:

1  fresh install
2  full update
3  remove old kernel
4  remove hal
5  install rtl8192se firmware
6  install fglrx x.org driver
7  patch tp_acpi for x100e and install
8  tp_smpi install
9  set trackpoint scroll (as thinkwiki said)

and everythink ok.

You are welcome to ask about all procedure. I will try to response
when have time.

Thanks...
Hakan Kızılhan