[ltp] T61: Anyone tried BIOS update 2.27-1.08 ?

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 May 2010 14:37:02 +0200

Hi list,

apparently Lenovo released a new BIOS version for the T61 last month:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-67989

Now I'm considering updating to that version (currently running the previous BIOS version, 2.26-1.08)

Did anyone update a T61 so far and if yes, did you have any problems afterwards e.g. with the fan starting to run at
lower temperatures etc.

The discussion in the forum post linked below only covers Windows, so I thought I'd better ask on the list:
http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87162

I use only Linux on that machine, so I don't care about positive or negative effects that apply only for Windows.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Jens