[ltp] Suggestions for battery sources

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 May 2010 21:24:17 -0700

On Thu, 13 May 2010 20:50:13 -0700 (PDT)
David Griffith <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu> dijo:

>On Thu, 13 May 2010, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> I have a Thinkpad T61 (15.4 widescreen), now close to two years old.
>> The original 6-cell battery is toast. That is, it won't hold enough
>> charge even to light up the battery light, let alone boot the
>> computer. A year ago I bought a 9-cell battery from a Chinese
>> source. It is also completely toast.
>>
>> Side note: My original battery does not qualify for the recall.
>>
>> I'd prefer not to pay Lenovo's prices for a new OEM battery. But the
>> after-market 9-cell was also a waste of money.
>>
>> Googling for batteries for the T61 yields a massive number of
>> places that claim to have good batteries. Has anyone had any luck
>> with any of them?
>
>I had good luck on ebay with my T42's battery pack.

The problem with eBay is that you seldom know who manufactured the
battery. In fact, I bought my crap 9-cell battery on eBay.

Let me rephrase the question: Does anyone know of a manufacturer that
has good batteries for a T61?