[ltp] T61: Anyone tried BIOS update 2.27-1.08 ?

Fri, 14 May 2010 17:15:01 -0300

On Fri, 14 May 2010, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On jeu., 2010-05-13 at 23:21 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 May 2010, Jens Rutschmann wrote:
> > > apparently Lenovo released a new BIOS version for the T61 last month:
> > > http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-67989
> >
> > ChangeLog:
> > <2.27-1.08>
> >  BIOS: 2.27 / ECP: 1.08
> >  - (New) Added support for 1600x900 screen resolution on an external
> > display.
> >  - (New) Added support for a SanDisk SSD.
> >  - (Fix) Fixed an issue that might not be able to set HDP(HardDisk Password)
> >          by SRCMOS.
> >
> > Looks like BIOS-level fixes for all OSes.  I wonder what a SR CMOS is, but
> > still...
>
> Not sure it's really useful at that point in the product life but is
> there something you would like us to do before/after upgrading, wrt
> thinkpad-acpi? (acpidump, stuff like that)

Well, you could always keep a copy of the full acpidump and dmidecode and
run a diff on the dmidecode output and decompiled DSDTs/SSDTs to see if
anything interesting changed.

But yes, it is not very likely that there are going to be any 'interesting'
changes from the kernel's POV.

  Henrique Holschuh