[ltp] Two issues with external monitor on T400s

Damon Lynch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 May 2010 13:01:02 -0500

--0016e6d63f534b75bc0487ab4a26

I use an external monitor plugged into the display port of my T400s. When
the laptop lid is closed, I have two issues, which might be related to each
other.

   1. Power management doesn't seem to be working with the external monitor.
   It never sleeps and the screen saver never activates.
   2. Opening the laptop lid with the external monitor plugged in instantly
   mirrors the display on both screens, resulting in a lowest common
   denominator resolution. During the times I simply want to open up the laptop
   lid so I can make a video call on Skype, this is a bit of a pain.

In brief, is there some way I can restore some sanity? :) If not, to be
honest I have no idea where I should be filing a bug report.

I'm using a stock install of Lucid 64 bit.

Damon
--
http://www.damonlynch.net

--0016e6d63f534b75bc0487ab4a26

I use an external monitor plugged into the display port of my T400s. When t=
he laptop lid is closed, I have two issues, which might be related to each =
 external monitor. It never sleeps and the screen saver never activates.</l=
i>
<li>Opening the laptop lid with the external monitor plugged in instantly m=
irrors the display on both screens, resulting in a lowest common denominato=
r resolution. During the times=A0I simply want to open up the laptop lid so=
 I can make a video call on Skype, this is a bit of a pain.=A0</li>
</ol><div>In brief, is there some way I can restore some sanity? :) If not,=
 to be honest I have no idea where I should be filing a bug report.=A0</div=
ttp://www.damonlynch.net</a><br>

--0016e6d63f534b75bc0487ab4a26--