[ltp] Re: Ubuntu 10.04 and sysfsutils: Unknown attribute

Fri, 28 May 2010 22:24:55 -0300

On Fri, 28 May 2010, Christoph Bier wrote:
> Daniel Pittman schrieb am 28.05.2010 18:33:
> > Christoph Bier <christoph.bier@web.de> writes:
> >> after upgrading to Ubuntu 10.04 I observed that /etc/sysfs.conf isn't used
> >> (despite of devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/stop_charge_thresh=75 battery is
> >> charged to 100 percent). That's because sysfsutils isn't running:
> >
> >  ...er, it doesn't.  It just writes stuff to sysfs, then exits, just like the
> > sysctl stuff does.  There is no daemon. :)
>
> Ok, thanks! But why was the stop_charge_thresh value ignored? And

Probably the modules are being loaded AFTER sysfutils runs.

> the radio settings (WLAN on, Bluetooth off) are not restored---WLAN

1. thinkpad-acpi is not loading, or

2. some kernel crap is screwing up with the rfkill core (unlikely for wlan, but
likely for bluetooth -- the bluetooth core has an useless fake rfkill
switch that loads first and destroys the keep-across-shutdown/reset
behaviour), or

3. some userspace crap is overriding whatever thinkpad-acpi sets as a defalt.

(3) is VERY likely if wlan is also affected.

  Henrique Holschuh