[ltp] Re: WARNING: Lenovo ThinkPads and 65W power supplies

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Nov 2010 09:52:11 +0100

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> writes:

> As a general rule, don't use any recent Lenovo ThinkPad with a 65W power
> adapter without a battery.

That's a very good advice.  But I would extend it: Never use *any*
modern laptop without a battery regardless of power adapter specs.

It may work without one, but the chances are high that it wasn't
designed to be used like that.  You can cut a few design corners if you
assume that a device always runs on battery, even when being charged.
I'd be surprised if there are any laptop designers not taking advantage
of that. It would be just stupid.

Bjørn