[ltp] Re: T61 and xrandr

Dr. Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 6 Nov 2010 17:07:00 +0100

Am Samstag 06 November 2010 schrieb linux-thinkpad-request@linux-thinkpad.org:

[...]
> I'm trying to figure out how to get my main screen to project. Note
> that I am an idiot and have no idea how all this stuff works. Are there
> settings in xrandr to fix which side projects? Or are there better
> tools to use than xrandr? What if I used the proprietary nVidia driver?
> Has anyone done this successfully with a T61 with nVidia graphics?

I have no idea about Fedora, I run openSUSE, and its KDE-desktop ships with
krandr, which allows easy configuration of a second (or a cloned) screen.
Tested with ATI and Intel Chipsets, default drivers

HTH anyway...
Axel

--
Dr.-Ing. Axel K. Braun
Mobile: +49.173.7003.154

Written from my eeePC 901 GO running openSUSE 11.2 (KDE 4.3.5)