[ltp] W500 WUXGA display panel quality?

Mario Theodoridis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:16:31 -0800

On Wednesday, November 10, 2010 21:39:21 Andr=C3=A9 Wyrwa wrote:
> Hei,
>=20
>=20
> I noticed even more severe effects when using the ATI card (very
> distinct interlacing stripes), so i'm assuming this could be driver
> related, too (refresh frequencies etc)...are there any insights into
> such?

My W500 is a 4058-CTO and it has WUXGA. My previous pad was a T42P which ha=
d=20
UXGA. While i could have done without ATI cards on both, i can't say that i=
=20
observe(d) what you're describing on either. The only time i saw garbage=20
stripes was when i installed Kubuntu Maverik the other day and those were=20
driver issues.

I don't have the best eyes, but flickering issues tend to annoy me, too.

Are you seeing this on your ATI or the Intel chipset? Does swapping fglrx,=
=20
radeon, intel, vesa make a difference?

Mario