[ltp] W500 WUXGA display panel quality?

Philipp Kern linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:12:07 +0100

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 04:39:49PM +1100, Andr=C3=A9 Wyrwa wrote:
> Now ever since i switched to the W500 i seem to have a feeling of
> irritation or subtle flickering when looking at the screen. If i focus
> in closely on the surface structure, i seem to recognise a bit of a
> texture and a chrystalline glitter like effect.
[...]
> I noticed even more severe effects when using the ATI card (very
> distinct interlacing stripes), so i'm assuming this could be driver
> related, too (refresh frequencies etc)...are there any insights into
> such?

On my almost four years old Z61m with an ATI Mobility X1400 I get stripes w=
hen
using KMS.  Furthermore the image decays after a while, needing a reboot to
reinit the GPU to show anything sane again.  Without KMS I don't get these =
and
it works fine.  It's possible that you might have a similar issue with the =
free
radeon driver.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern