[ltp] Perfect timing!! ( ..hibernate/restore problems with recent distros )

Mark Altern linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:02:30 -0600

I understand your frustration with this suspend/hibernate problem. I got
it working perfectly on my T400 with intel graphic, with Ubuntu 10.10
64. Of course, NOT with a vanilla install, but I updated the kernel to
the 2.6.36, from here:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v2.6.36-maverick/

In fact, besides suspend, there are quite a few other problems with
10.10, including ibus taking 100% cpu, and emacs broken (Ispell doesn't
work, etc), and so on. I solved those by adding the proper PPAs and
upgrade to newer packages.

By the way, the graphic performance on the intel 4500 was hugely
improved compared to 10.04. In the end, Ubuntu 10.10 (64) is polished
and shinning as it was meant to be.

best.