[ltp] Getting nVidia to clone display on a projector

Micha Feigin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:24:09 +0200

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:13:47 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:23:52 +0200
> Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> dijo:
>
> >> The problem that remains, however, is getting my laptop screen to
> >> display anything other than 1680x1050. I am currently using the
> >> latest nVidia driver with Fedora 13, x86_64, and it allows me to
> >> select:

[...]
> That is what the xorg.conf file created by the nVidia installer says on
> my computer too. So you're saying the reason I get the option of
> 1680x1050, and nothing lower until I go all the way down to 1280x1024
> is because the nVidia driver decided that the intervening resolutions
> wouldn't work at the above sync and refresh rates?

Like I said. I used to have that problem. I don't know if it was a problem with
the edid the screen sent or something with the xserver / nvidia driver, etc.

I used to need the linked approach to create a custom edid file. Currently
everything works fine on my laptop, so there was some software bug along the
way that nouveau doesn't suffer from and nvidia does.

Unfortunately it was a long time ago so I can't recall what of all things fixed
the issue.