[ltp] sensors

~D linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:38:45 +0100

Hi,

I do use my Thinkpad T61 for audio, so I like to have it silent without
harming my hardware. How do I know which number belongs to which
hardware part? How do I know which one is the HDD for example (seems to
be the part which shouldn't get to hot)

$ sensors
acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:       +53.0°C  (crit = +127.0°C)
temp2:       +51.0°C  (crit = +100.0°C)

thinkpad-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
fan1:       3081 RPM
temp1:       +53.0°C
temp2:       +38.0°C
temp3:       +30.0°C
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp4_input: Can't read
temp4:        +0.0°C
temp5:       +50.0°C
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp6_input: Can't read
temp6:        +0.0°C
temp7:       +26.0°C
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp8_input: Can't read
temp8:        +0.0°C
temp9:       +35.0°C
temp10:      +46.0°C
temp11:      +38.0°C
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp12_input: Can't read
temp12:       +0.0°C
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp13_input: Can't read
temp13:       +0.0°C
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp14_input: Can't read
temp14:       +0.0°C
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp15_input: Can't read
temp15:       +0.0°C
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp16_input: Can't read
temp16:       +0.0°C

My /etc/thinkfan.conf settings
sensor /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal (0, 6, 7, 0, 0, 0, 7, 0, 10, 3, 3)

(0,     0,      54)
(1,     50,     57)
(2,     54,     59)
(3,     56,     63)