[ltp] sensors

Sun, 28 Nov 2010 01:13:48 -0200

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010, ~D wrote:
> On 11/27/2010 12:47 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> >On sam., 2010-11-27 at 12:38 +0100, ~D wrote:
> >>I do use my Thinkpad T61 for audio, so I like to have it silent without
> >>harming my hardware. How do I know which number belongs to which
> >>hardware part? How do I know which one is the HDD for example (seems to
> >>be the part which shouldn't get to hot)
> >See http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Thermal_sensors#ThinkPad_T61 (though
> >information is collected manually so it's still a bit error prone)
> Thanks, but I don't see the HDD listed there...

You will have to query it directly from the HDD over the SATA bus.  At
most you'd have an EC thermal sensor *close* to the HDD bay.

ThinkPads are not made to operate silently unless the ambient temperature is
quite cold, and you do not have a ThinkPad engineered for low thermal output
in the first place.

You should try to get a X61s, lock it to its lowest performance modes, and
switch the HDD for a low-thermal-output SSD.  And get your studio's
temperature to be at most 20°C :)

  Henrique Holschuh