[ltp] hdd noise

Jason Brooks linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:01:02 -0800

is it the click sound when the heads park that are annoying?  Turn it
off with the smart utilities. It does it to save power. I had to use a
drive utility that samsung has available to disable it. Manufactures
set it to park when the drive doesn't have to seek. Which can be every
few secs. It is not as anoying as it is damaging to the drive.

--
JaY