[ltp] Re: advice on t61p with fhd

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 02 Oct 2010 14:20:30 +1000

Arian Kuschki <arian.kuschki@googlemail.com> writes:

> so I am looking to replace my t42 14" 1400x1050 which I've been very happy
> with. I stumbled upon a refurbished t61p 39,1cm WUXGA TFT Display (15,4"
> 1920x1200) (Matt), which surprised me as I didn't know there where 15"
> models with FHD back then.

I have one, and it was a pain.  They shipped the 1600x display to me first
time around, and then stopped with the FHD version for a while.

> Does anybody what the display quality is like on that model (brightness
> etc)?

The colour is good, but after three years the brightness (which was never
great) is pretty terrible.  I now dislike all those folks who use grey on
white text on their web pages, even in optimal lighting conditions, because it
makes it so hard to read them. :/

So, yeah: not bad, but brightness is what lets it down.

        Daniel
--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ daniel@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707