[ltp] Re: X30 wifi not seeing any network

Ben Pfaff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Oct 2010 20:43:32 -0700

> I recently had to use the wifi card on my X30, which I hadn't used in
> a long time.  It's a prims2 card, which used to work just fine with
> hostap_pci.  But with my current Debian testing on it, the hostap_pci
> driver seems to be having some problems: all looks fine, the dmesg
> output seems to say that everything's great, but "iwlist scan" says
> there aren't any networks.
>
> Does it ring a bell for anyone?

I've known a couple of T30 laptops where the wireless just
stopped working after a while.  I didn't track it down, but both
of them had had in-warranty motherboard replacements and it makes
me wonder whether the tech who replaced the motherboards forgot
to do something important like attach an antenna wire.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org