[ltp] Thinkpad X100e alternative BIOS, hardware info needed

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:05:51 +0200

Hi,

I'm one of the coreboot http://coreboot.org/ developers, a free and open
source BIOS/EFI alternative.
One of my next projects is going to be a laptop/netbook, and I think the
Thinkpad X100e might be a good target because people are complaining
about the existing BIOS, and because it has an AMD chipset for which
there is open documentation (sadly lacking for Intel chipsets).

(Side note: If you have suggestions for any other AMD-based Thinkpad I
should look at, please tell me and send the info requested below.)

Before I buy the hardware, I'd like to know more about it. It would be
pointless to develop code for the X100e if the tools in my hobbyist lab
are not working with the X100e.

If you can help with any of the issues below, please do so:
- High-resolution pictures of the mainboard (with readable chip
markings) so I can figure out the chips used in there.
- Running the following commands as root (!) under Linux:
lspci -nnvvvxxx
superiotool -deV
cat /proc/cpuinfo

If your superiotool is too old (older than r5727), please compile and
run a newer version like this:
svn co svn://coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk/util/superiotool
cd superiotool
make
./superiotool -deV

Regards,