[ltp] x201t BIOS modification needed for Atheros AR5BXB72 wireless card?

Danny Piccirillo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 18 Sep 2010 01:57:36 -0400

Hello,

I have an x201t and i'd like to be able to use it with the linux-libre
kernel without any proprietary software, and the only thing keeping me
from doing that is the Intell wireless chip that it came with
(firmware is proprietary). I have an Atheros AR5BXB72 wireless chip to
replace it with, but i understand some modified BIOS might be
necessary? I was unable to find a page on the ThinkWiki with the
information i needed and my friend suggested i ask you if you knew
where to look. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and all the best,

--=20
.danny

=E2=98=AE=E2=99=A5=E2=92=B6 - http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.picciril=