[ltp] X200s (K)buntu-9.04, forward key is not recognized by Xservere (xev)

Uwe Brauer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:43:34 +0200

Hello

This is a bizarre problem.

    - By forward key I mean the key above the right key and right
      to the up key.

    - By backward key I mean the key above the  left key and left
      to the up key.

I have installed various debian/ubuntu versions on X41 and X61
and never had a problem.

However with on my new X200s with Kubuntu 9.04 the xserver does
recognize the backward key but not the forward key.

When I run xev
and pressing backward I obtain keycode 166
however
pressing forward does not return any keycode!!!

Is this a xev bug and xorg bug or a X200s problem.

Regards

Uwe Brauer