[ltp] Bluetooth in Linx

Sandro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 2 Apr 2011 14:05:35 +0200

--000e0cd5c93a3dceaa049fee5990

According to the specs, the ThinkPad Edge 15 NVLGPMH has bluetooth support.
But my Ubuntu bluetooth application sais there are no bluetooth devices
detected.

I've read similar issues from Windows-based users and they get the advice to
try the WLAN antenna icon (F9 or Fn+F9), but in Ubuntu that does nothing.

Anyone succeeded in this? I'd like to connect with my Maemo5 Phone.

Aslo, I read in a previous mailing that someone was looking for a Lenovo
with the best Linux support. They can take a look over here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/release/10.10/laptops

According to that page, my Thinkpad Edge 15 is "Ubuntu Certified." One would
think that means I can at least get Bluetooth to work. :) It does, however,
also mention a special Ubuntu 10.10 image. Although I've searched heaven and
hell (or just the internet) for the image, I couldn't find it and installed
official Ubuntu 10.04.2 instead. But my guess would be that the 'special'
drivers included with that special image would make it's way back to the
official Ubuntu, no?

Greets from the Netherlands.

--000e0cd5c93a3dceaa049fee5990

port. But my Ubuntu bluetooth application sais there are no bluetooth devic=
ar issues from Windows-based users and they get the advice to try the WLAN =
antenna icon (F9 or Fn+F9), but in Ubuntu that does nothing.</div>

g that someone was looking for a Lenovo with the best Linux support. They c=
an take a look over here:</div>

tified.&quot; One would think that means I can at least get Bluetooth to wo=
rk. :) It does, however, also mention a special Ubuntu 10.10 image. Althoug=
h I&#39;ve searched heaven and hell (or just the internet) for the image, I=
 couldn&#39;t find it and installed official Ubuntu 10.04.2 instead. But my=
 guess would be that the &#39;special&#39; drivers included with that speci=
al image would make it&#39;s way back to the official Ubuntu, no?</div>

--000e0cd5c93a3dceaa049fee5990--