[ltp] Bluetooth in Linx

Zymurgeek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 2 Apr 2011 20:00:25 -0400

--00248c0eef527fd1d4049ff8546b

Have you checked the BIOS to see that it's enabled?

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Sandro <redsandro@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to the specs, the ThinkPad Edge 15 NVLGPMH has bluetooth support.
> But my Ubuntu bluetooth application sais there are no bluetooth devices
> detected.
>
> I've read similar issues from Windows-based users and they get the advice
> to try the WLAN antenna icon (F9 or Fn+F9), but in Ubuntu that does nothing.
>
> Anyone succeeded in this? I'd like to connect with my Maemo5 Phone.
>
> Aslo, I read in a previous mailing that someone was looking for a Lenovo
> with the best Linux support. They can take a look over here:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/release/10.10/laptops
>
> According to that page, my Thinkpad Edge 15 is "Ubuntu Certified." One
> would think that means I can at least get Bluetooth to work. :) It does,
> however, also mention a special Ubuntu 10.10 image. Although I've searched
> heaven and hell (or just the internet) for the image, I couldn't find it and
> installed official Ubuntu 10.04.2 instead. But my guess would be that the
> 'special' drivers included with that special image would make it's way back
> to the official Ubuntu, no?
>
> Greets from the Netherlands.

--00248c0eef527fd1d4049ff8546b

Have you checked the BIOS to see that it&#39;s enabled?<br><br><div class=
=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Sandro <span dir=3D"ltr">&=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:redsandro@gmail.com">redsandro@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span=
> wrote:<br>
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;"><div>According to=
 the specs, the ThinkPad Edge 15 NVLGPMH has bluetooth support. But my Ubun=
tu bluetooth application sais there are no bluetooth devices detected.<br c=
lear=3D"all">
sers and they get the advice to try the WLAN antenna icon (F9 or Fn+F9), bu=
t in Ubuntu that does nothing.</div>

g that someone was looking for a Lenovo with the best Linux support. They c=
an take a look over here:</div>

target=3D"_blank">http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/release/10.10/laptops=
s &quot;Ubuntu Certified.&quot; One would think that means I can at least g=
et Bluetooth to work. :) It does, however, also mention a special Ubuntu 10=
.10 image. Although I&#39;ve searched heaven and hell (or just the internet=
) for the image, I couldn&#39;t find it and installed official Ubuntu 10.04=
.2 instead. But my guess would be that the &#39;special&#39; drivers includ=
ed with that special image would make it&#39;s way back to the official Ubu=
ntu, no?</div>

--00248c0eef527fd1d4049ff8546b--