[ltp] resuming from hibernation issue with Squeeze on a x201

Frédéric Boiteux linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:22:53 +0200

	Hello,

  I've recently bought a Lenovo x201 (updating from a x31 !), and I
installed Debian Squeeze (amd64 kernel version). The main parts are
working well, but there are some [new for me] problems I would share
for hints :

* first of all, I regularly fail to resume from hibernation (standard
kernel system, I've not yet found some time to install and use
TuxOnIce) : After a few seconds, with the black screen and a blinking
cursor (all I get when resuming with standard kernel system), I return
to Grub's menu ! Have you experienced similar problem ? Perhaps I have
to update my kernel (the Debian Squeeze one, 2.6.32-31) ?

* I "feel" that my battery is slowly discharging even after an
hibernation (I known the problem with suspend on x31, fixed disabling
wake-on-lan) : is it possible ? I'll do some measures when I've more
time.

* a minor problem is that I don't have any visual feedback when
using sound keys : does I have to install something to do this ? I used
"tpb" on my old thinkpad, but I thought it wouldn't be necessary on
this kind of newer hardware ?

   Thanks for your reports / advices,
		Fred.